Thursday, March 25, 2010

Becoming a "Power Producer"

My apologies for not blogging recently... I've been cRaZy busy with putting our 6th Annual Radio-TV Alumni Conference together! (Which is this weekend and I can't wait!)

Anyways, my last few newscasts I have produced have been fantastic! At first I thought having too many reporters was an issue because we didn't have enough equipment in the newsroom. But now I'm so glad I have that issue over not having enough reporters to cover news of the day. Because I usually have at least 10 reporters, my newscast is always jam packed with news of the day and it's FANTASTIC!

Now that it is later in the semester and everyone is becoming more comfortable and experienced with what they are doing, things are running much more smoothly in the newsroom. Especially now that I am better with time management when I'm producing, it kind of helps me set the tone for the rest of the newsroom.

Everyone is doing a great job and I am loving producing. I know I'm definitely not a "Power Producer" yet... but I feel like I'm on my way to becoming one!

I want to post a favorite news story of mine... but recently I haven't really had much national or international news in my rundown. So I'm thinking that local and breaking news in my new favorite type of news as long as we are covering it!

No comments:

Post a Comment